BETTER – 4
A GOOD NAME IS BETTER
A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. Proverbs 22:1
A GOOD NAME DOESN’T MEAN YOU’RE PERFECT BUT BEING PERFECTED BY THE ONE WHO IS!
Regard your good name as the richest jewel you can possibly possess. The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. – Socrates
WHY IS A GOOD NAME BETTER?
1. A GOOD NAME INSTILLS CONFIDENCE.
Whoever walks in integrity walks securely… Proverbs 10:9
2. A GOOD NAME SPEAKS FOR YOU.
When the queen of Sheba heard of Solomon’s fame, she came to Jerusalem to test him with hard questions….she came to Solomon and talked with him about all she had on her mind. 2 Chronicles 9:1
She said to the king, “The report I heard in my own country about your achievements and your wisdom is true. But I did not believe what they said until I came and saw with my own eyes. Indeed, not even half the greatness of your wisdom was told me; you have far exceeded the report I heard.”
2 Chronicles 9:5-6
3. A GOOD NAME INSPIRES OTHERS.
Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ. 1 Corinthians 11:1
BUT I DON’T HAVE A GOOD NAME!
…I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Revelation 3:1
…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
YOU ARE CREATING TOMORROW’S LEGACY TODAY!
TALK IT OVER
- Do you think others would describe you as having a good name? Why or why not?
- What steps do you need to take toward creating a better name?
3. How will you go about using what Christ has done in your life to inspire others?